Daniel engages in a wide variety of advocacy work in both Chinese and English. They frequently speak to a variety of audiences both in Taiwan and abroad about transgender, non-binary, and asexual/aromantic issues.
- 2023/10/25 -〈2023年台灣非二元社群問卷調查報告發表會〉[“2023 Taiwan Non-binary Community Survey Results Presentation”]. Public talk given at 女書店 Fembooks in Mandarin.
- 2023/10/22 -〈異同之外的異與同：雙泛性戀社群與無性戀社群的對話〉[“Similarities and Differences beyond Heterosexual and Homosexual: A Dialogue between the Bisexual/Pansexual and Asexual Community”]. Public panel co-hosted by Bi the Way ‧ 拜坊 and 台灣無性戀小組 Taiwan Asexual Group.
- 2023/07/05 -〈多元性別宇宙下的非二元主體〉[“The Genderverse and Non-binary Subjectivities”]. Public talk given at 國立高雄師範大學性別教育研究所 National Kaohsiung Normal University Graduate Institute of Gender Education in Mandarin.
- 2023/06/11 – 〈酷兒政治、多元性別與親密實踐〉[“Queer Politics, Gender Diversity, and Intimacy”]. Public talk given at 永樂座 Eirakuza Books in Mandarin. Summary available here.
- 2023/05/10 – “Minimizing Marriage.” Public talk given in Mandarin at Book Bar Taipei, co-hosted by the Taiwan Alliance to Promote Civil Partnership Rights.
- 2023/04/26 -〈性傾向跟性別何關？無性戀與無性別的主體性〉[“What Is the Relationship between Sexuality and Gender? Asexual and Agender Subjectivities”]. Public talk given at 女書店 Fembooks in Mandarin.
- 2022/12/08 – 〈無性戀與女女情慾〉[“Asexuality and Eroticism between Women”]. Public talk given at 台大浪達女同志社 National Taiwan University Lambda Society in Mandarin.
- 2022/11/10 – 〈無性戀/無浪漫研究〉[“Asexuality Studies and Aromanticism” [無性戀/無浪漫研究]. Guest lecture given at National Taiwan University for SOC 5020: 酷兒理論 [Queer Theory] in Mandarin.
- 2022/08/18 – “Asexual and Aromantic Writing and Politics” [〈無性戀/無浪漫的書寫與政治〉]. Public talk given at 女書店 Fembooks in Mandarin. Summary available here.
- 2022/03/31 – 〈2021年台灣無性戀社群問卷調查報告發表會〉[“2021 Taiwan Ace Community Survey Results Presentation”]. Public talk given at 女書店 Fembooks in Mandarin.
- 2023/10/16 -〈無性戀與非二元社群的法律處境〉[“Legal Issues Facing the Asexual and Non-binary Community”]. Guest lecture given at National Taiwan University for SOC 5020: 酷兒理論 [Queer Theory] in Mandarin.
- 2022/11/10 -〈無性戀/無浪漫研究〉[“Asexuality Studies and Aromanticism”]. Guest lecture given at National Taiwan University for SOC 5020: 酷兒理論 [Queer Theory] in Mandarin.
Building off prior community surveys conducted in 2014 and 2015 in Taiwan, as well as the Ace Community Survey, Daniel served as community research lead for the 台灣無性戀小組 Taiwan Asexual Group‘s 2021 Taiwan Ace Community Survey. The full survey results are currently available in Mandarin only, but an English write-up can be found on Taiwan Insight here.
Through their capacity as a core member of 台灣非二元酷兒浪子 Taiwan Non-binary Queer Sluts, Daniel is currently conducting Taiwan’s first Non-binary Community Survey, the results of which will be published in Mandarin in late October, 2023.
- 2022/11/14, Nikkei Asia, “For many, being Taiwanese means being pro-LGBTQ+”
- 2022/06/05, 國立教育廣播電臺 National Education Radio 性別平等 Easy Go, 〈2021年台灣無性戀社群問卷：看見台灣無性戀/無浪漫社群的多元樣貌〉[“2021 Taiwan Asexual Community Survey: The Diversity of Taiwan’s Ace/Aro Community”]
- 2021/05/20 – “(Settler) Homonational Taiwan”: Departures in Traveling Theory.” North American Taiwan Studies Association 2021 Keywording Taiwan Online Conference.
- 2019/11/20 – “Ethics and Agency: Alfred Gell and the Post-Foucauldian Anthropology of Ethics.” American Anthropological Assocation 2019 Annual Meeting. Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- 2017/09/01 – “STS Interventions in Engineering Education: Science, Technology, and Society at the University of Virginia.” Society for Social Studies of Science 2017 Annual Meeting. Boston, MA, United States.